Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Getting Ready!

I am having a grand time getting the new North Star Studios ready for the residents and travelers who come through Duwamish Bay. As I dust the shelves I envision the treasures they will hold from far and wide. As I sweep the floor I see the many people who will pass through this place enthralled with one piece or another.

The Sprite Muse who made this place known to me as introduced herself to me. Her name is Providence. She told me she was sent to me by Doreen Smith to help me with this stage of my journey. And what a help she has been! This gallery must have been closed for several years. It seemed I would never be able to sweep all the dust away. With a twitch of her wings, Providence converted grimy dust to sparkling, wishing-charm dust. When you visit, you will notice that the floors and shelves look like they are coated in glitter. You are certain to take some out with you on your shoes are in your hair. Know that, after your visit, the next thing you wish for will come true. So, even more so now, the old adage is true. Be careful what you wish for!

I made time to create a bit of my own art. I thought I'd better warn future customers of making wishes, so I made a sign to hang over the door for people to see as they walk out. On the sign I included an image of a gift Providence gave to me, a magic wand. She says it has many uses, but it will help make my communication more clear. And if a customer comes in not quite sure what she or he is looking for, the wand will help words come and allow me to see exactly what the customer needs. Providence says I should talk with Abby Willowroot to find out more about my new wand, and I'm certain to do just that. I don't want to accidently do anything that will harm my visitors.



It's been quite an exciting day. Now that the dust is cleared and shelves and tables arranged, it's time to start bringing in artful treasures. Oh, what a delight to hold precious art in my hands knowing that the right owner will be matched up with it some day...and owner who will be healed by its radiant beauty.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It is always a good omen to have an enchantress as the first to step through the door. I must say Shari that I am gazing in wonder.

I have had a few magic wands in my time but you can never have too many. Now I am thinking of my wish, which is all to do with the Silk Road expanding and becoming more enchanted with each passing day. I think your Sprite has already been at work making my wishes come true.

Congratulations on creating a most beautiful establishment. North Star Studios is officially blessed!

Sibyl Enchanteur

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Good fortune to you on this grand place full of beauty, art and wonder...will come by often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home