Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Art Havens on the Web #1: Artella















The bookmark folder made for my mystery musee.

Have you called into Artella yet?
Artella is a website and magazine for artists, no matter what your medium – words, collage, paint, pencil or craft. You can read about art, talk about art, buy art, sell art, swap art, submit art.
If you just want to check it out, you can request a free copy of Artella magazine. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Editor Marney Mandriakis is a passionate woman whose magazine explodes with inspiration and colour.
As a member of the Artella community I get to join in some really fun things. This Christmas I took part in the Artella Mystery Muse, and annual event that brings artists together in a joyful expression of sharing. I was Mystery Muse to an artist in Texas and I really enjoyed putting together a package to send to her. I created a tiny altered book and haiku, and a set of bookmarks, and added in a few little extras, like shells from our favourite beach and a packet of arty notelets. I was delighted when she responded at the Mystery Muse message board.
But in all the excitement of preparing my gifts, I forgot that being a muse also means you are a musee – and I was really excited to receive a beautiful fabric art card from my muse here in Australia. It was a joyful experience and I will certainly be part of it again next year.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I agree. Artella is a wonderful site and Marney is inspirational Gail. I love the idea of a Mystery Muse and the bookmarks look just fantastic.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Glad to meet another MM, Leonie! It was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home