Thursday, January 26, 2006

Driftwood Art



A serendipitous find at my favourite beach - Cabbage Tree Point - now graces my home as art. This piece of driftwood is exactly as I found it, in the shape of a seabird.
I am one of those people who cannot go anywhere without fossicking - I reegularly go beachcombing and bushwalking in search of natural elements I can use in art, and usually find something I cannot bear to alter in any way. My seabird is an example of that.

Pam Thorn has some beautiful examples of driftwood art - her assemblages are quite orgeous.
Patricia Bartlett has written a book on making art with driftwood.
Crosstides has some inspirational driftwood pieces.
Driftwood Arts shows some more lovely ways to use found pieces.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Great to see such experimentation Gail. Looks just lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home